Vail Valley’s Premier Babysitters
We provide childcare to your home or your place of lodging, anywhere within the Vail Valley, including Vail and Beaver Creek.
We aim to provide the premier babysitting service in Colorado’s Vail Valley and we strive to exceed your expectations. We will find you the perfect sitter to meet your family’s needs.
The safety of your children is our number one priority. We thoroughly screen all of our sitters. We only offer sitters that have a wealth of childcare experience and have a passion for caring for children. The Sitter Agency LLC is licensed and insured.
Call us today on 970 376 7622 to book!!!
My name is Natalie Hewitt. I am the owner of The Sitter Agency.
I moved to the Vail Valley in 2003, because of my love of the mountains. Since this time I have been teaching children to snowboard at Beaver Creek and I have been regularly babysitting for families that both visit the area and live locally.
In May 2010, I became a new mom, which has become both the greatest joy and biggest challenge of my life. I fully understand how important it is to find child care that you are 100% satisfied with, which is why I only recommend babysitters that I would feel comfortable leaving my child with.
I am extremely proud of my business and of the wonderful sitters we provide. I believe that we offer a personalized service and have the most dedicated and reliable sitters in our area.
Each and every one of our sitters has been personally interviewed by me.
In addition to this they are all
- 21 years or older
- Experienced in childcare and referenced
- Background checked
- CPR certified
We will do our utmost to match your needs to the perfect sitter for you. Once we have found a wonderful sitter for you, we will provide you with an information card, which will be emailed to you. This will include a photo and details of the allocated sitter.
Each of our sitters will show up with some age appropriate activities/ games to entertain your children.
Make a Booking
Here’s how it works…
- Call us today on 970 376 7622 to make a booking.
- We will take your details and find you the perfect sitter to meet your needs.
- We will take a non-refundable/ non-transferable deposit of $40. This will be charged on Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- We will send you (via email) a booking confirmation and an information card, including a photo and details of your allocated sitter.
- Prior to the appointment your sitter will contact you, to introduce themselves and confirm some of the finer details, such as directions and parking.
- You will pay the sitter the remainder of the balance due (minus $40 deposit) at the end of the appointment in cash or check. If you wish you can charge the full amount to your credit card. A 5% handling fee will be added for this service.
- $24 per hour for one child
- $2 per hour for each additional child
- 4 hour minimum per booking
- Holiday rates – Please call for special holiday rates on the 4th July (after 5pm), Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve (after 5pm) and New Year’s Day.
- Please remember that you are responsible for any parking charges that your sitter may incur.
- Tips for your sitter are much appreciated.
Your deposit is non-refundable within 7 days of the child care appointment. Any cancellation made within 24 hours of the start of the appointment will incur a charge for the 4 hour minimum.
Office Hours (This is to make a booking. Babysitters are available outside these times.)
- Daily 8am to 8pm.
- You can make a request for a booking by calling us on 970 376 7622 during office hours or at any time by emailing us.
Why choose The Sitter Agency?
- We are a small business that knows each and every one of our sitters. Therefore, we can match your needs with the perfect sitter to ensure your child will have a great experience.
- All of our sitters are thoroughly vetted and are experienced in childcare.
- We do not charge extra for last minute bookings, so if you decide on the spur of the moment to go on a date, call us!
- We aim to provide the same sitter for multiple days/ nights, as we believe consistency for children is important.
- All our sitters will come to look after your children with age appropriate activities and games.
- You have the opportunity to know all about your sitter with the sitter information card and you will be contacted by the sitter prior to the appointment, for peace of mind.
What is the hiring process for your sitters?
All of our sitters are interviewed by the owner of the company. They must show enthusiasm and commitment to want to work with children. They must have prior babysitting experience and must provide at least 2 child care references, which are checked. They need to provide us with photo ID and a copy of their current CPR and first aid certification. The final stage of the hiring process is that they must pass a criminal background check. Once this has been completed we accept them as part of The Sitter Agency family!
How do you find me the perfect sitter?
The more you tell us about your children (i.e. what activities they like to do, their personalities etc.) and the more you tell us about what qualities you are looking for in a sitter, the better we can match you with a sitter that will be a perfect fit for you and your family. We have sitters that enjoy looking after infants and have lots of experience in this. On the flip side, we have lots of sitters who prefer to look after older children. We are a small company and know each of our sitters individually. We take pride in personally selecting the right sitter for you.
Will I know who my sitter is prior to the appointment?
Yes. Once we have confirmed the booking with you, we will provide you with an information card that will include a photo and details about your allocated sitter. You will also be contacted by your sitter before to the appointment to confirm some of the finer details, such as directions and parking.
What is the maximum number of children per sitter?
For children under the age of 2 years, the ratio is 1 sitter to 2 children. The maximum no. of kids per sitter for all other ages is 4.
How are payments taken?
When you make the booking, we take your credit card details and you pay a deposit of $40. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. The remainder of the balance due (i.e. the balance owed for the appointment minus the deposit) will be paid to the sitter in cash or check upon completion of the appointment.
Can I pay the full balance on my credit card?
Yes, however we charge a 5% handling fee for this service.
Do you charge extra if I want to book a babysitter last minute?
No, if you need a sitter at the last minute just give us a call and we will do our best to find you a great sitter at short notice. We will not charge extra for this.
I need a sitter for a few days during my vacation. Is it possible to get the same sitter for multiple days?
Yes, if we have a sitter that is available for all of the days you request. It is important in this situation that you try to book as far in advance as possible, particularly during the busy times of the season. Call us and we will try our utmost to accommodate your needs.
Should I tip my sitter?
Tips are very much appreciated by the sitters. The standard would be to tip 15-20% of the appointment total.
How will the sitter entertain my children?
Each sitter will arrive for the appointment with age appropriate activities for your children. They may hang out at your residence and play games or watch movies. If you wish the sitter to take the children out and about, there are many options for activities that the kids will love. Some examples are ice skating, taking them out for pizza, hiking, swimming, local parks, rec. centers, sledding. There are many other suggestions we have, you just have to ask us. The only restrictions are that the sitters are not allowed to drive the children in their own private vehicles (although they can take them on public transport) and they are not allowed to take the children skiing on the mountain.
Become a Sitter
- You must be 21 years or older
- You must have previous childcare experience (with references)
- You must have a current CPR certification (we can help provide you with information on how to obtain this).
If you would like to join The Sitter Agency team, call us at 970 376 7622 or email us today, to schedule an interview!